Monday, December 20, 2010

Cinnamon Rolls and Ronda...

Today I am making cinnamon rolls and thinking of a good friend that taught me so much about bread dough when I subbed for a person missing on her team of school lunch cooks...years ago! I am amazed at what brings up memories in this weird mind of mine. I actually am missing her so much and thinking about how good of a friend she was to me while she was alive. I guess she still is a good friend, or I wouldn't have these moments... She left a hole in many lives when she passed on to be with Jesus! I am thankful that they moved into our town and I had the privilege to tend their youngest daughter and get to know them so well. Her family is as awesome as she is, thank you Ronda and family! I dedicate my day of baking to you and what you taught me about letting dough rest, it has stayed with me all these years!

3 comments:

brenda said...

Very cute post Karen! It's funny what random things can bring up memories.

shauntae said...

The rolls were wonderful! Thank you for making them.

John n Sonia said...

Its those moments that make you realize you have friends and that you are loved.... Sonia