Saturday, September 13, 2008

Caught up

It's 11:26 pm on Saturday night. I got home around 7:00 from tending at Cresta's. I started cleaning and washing clothes to get caught up. I'm waiting for the last batch of laundry to get done so I can put it in the dryer and waiting for the floors to dry, so I thought I'd blog and post my two new paintings. I'm sure you are all probably tired of seeing what I'm doing, but it helps me to see them and helps me be more sure of myself when I put them here. I can't explain it, I just know that it is hard to let people see my work, and it's easier for me to put them on here and not hear the comments, than to do it face to face. I guess I'm a coward when it comes to rejection or something. It's also easier if someone likes what I've done, because I never know if someone is saying they like them just to be nice or if they really like them! This way I don't have to decide if they do or not. Cowardly again. Anyway, here they are. The bottle one is in oil, the cow, watercolor. In the bottle one, I was trying to depict candle light on the bottles. I did finish the cow while I was at Cresta's and I was watching Molly and her friend, Niki. They were having a sleep-over. Not much to tending two 11 year olds, so I painted between watching two teen movies and eating pizza and ice cream. (I gained back what little I had lost this week all for the love of my granddaughter and no will-power!) Anyway, the last batch of clothes are now in the dryer and my floors are dry. Sunday can come and the house will be semi-ready. I'm not all caught up, but at least I'm a little closer! I hope you all have a great week!
I changed the paintings... these are the new ones, I think they look a little better. Thought you might like to see the difference!

10 comments:

Leslie said...

aunt Karen these are wonderful, I love the picture of the cow especially it made me smile (that doesn't seem to happen as much lately) thank you

gina said...

I love the cow too. I'm grinning because of the reaction. The bottles would look great in my house. It's all about the old looking new again. Stop with the low self-esteem...what are you teaching your kids?? Self-doubt and never feeling good enough, although your already ahead for just doing it. They are awesome!!

Grandma Duffy said...

I always like everything you do...My friend the artist! Do you still take lessons at the Art center? I love that our friendship is "blossoming" again even if it is mostly over a blog. I always feel a connection everytime we "talk".

Jen and AL said...

Hi

Jen and AL said...

I really like the bottles, the reflection is amazing. The cow, oooooo gross. I can't believe you of all people who would sneer when I wiped my kids nose without a tissue. Just kidding. They are both very well done.

Macie's Momma said...

I love the bottles, way cool the cow is a great painting also but the bottles are my fav! How are you anyway?? Im thinking I need to have a scrapbook night at my house sometime soon!! Are you up for it? or are you still pretty busy?

Lish Fish said...

You have an amazing talent! You should be proud! I LOVE the cow...it is hilarious. I am sure Brady would use that method if he could..ha ha ha!! Keep posting your wonderful work!!!

Ally said...

Beautiful as always! I'm bummed that my pics are cut off. I'll make the rest of my posts in a medium size so they don't get cut off. Miss you tons! Hope everyone is doing well and happy!

gina said...

love the header. It makes me miss everyone more.
I got 30 jars bottled today after work. I have to go in at 7:30 for the next week, cause the boss is on vacation. It makes for a very long day!!! I'm exhausted! Love ya

Shane Zundel said...

I like your art as well! It is great.
And as for your comment earlier...dad is getting up there as far as "Age" goes....however I am still a firm believer that you are only as old as you act. :)
As long as your body can keep up.