Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Florida Vacation




We just got back and we had sooo much fun! Even with 22 of us, things went pretty smoothly, (If the kids dared to tell me what went on, that is!) We got to go do things that we probably won't have the chance to do again, so I enjoyed every minute of it! We went to the beach, Disneyworld, Nascar,(Jason, Jim, Doug, Kari, Alan and Quinton), Kennedy Space Center (Kari, Shauntae, Wyatt, Molly, Gina, Kaden and McKay), Go-cart racing, Swimming, Deep Sea Fishing (Doug took me and Curt, and Jason came with us), shopping, eating, etc. etc. etc. The time went so fast but we fit in what we could. The flights were great and we all made it home safely. Alan's family and Jim were there a week, Cresta's (except Molly) a week and a day, the rest of us stayed until the 23rd. We left on Kari's birthday and got home on mine. What a way to celebrate! The smiles on the faces of our family made it all worth it!

13 comments:

Leslie said...

Oh man I am so jealous. It looks like you all had a great time. and you all look wonderful.

Grandma Duffy said...

I would love to be able to do that with the family, too! Wish we had the $$...It is just scary to look at retirement and cuttting back!!

the funny facers said...

wow!! It looks like you all had s blast. I am glad that you all for to spend the time together!!

The.Marcellus.Family said...

I am truly jealous.
It looks so warm there.
I'm glad you had fun. You deserve it. I came to church on Sunday I was wondering why you weren't there. Now I know haha. How fun is that tho. :) Take care Karen

Lish Fish said...

That is so awesome. I love vacations with huge groups...we went to Cancun with 18 people and it was a blast!! That is so awesome that you were able to do that with all of your kids before Kari leaves!! How awesome!!

The.Marcellus.Family said...

Hello!!
Thanks for commenting on my American Idol thing. :) I agree there is some serious talent this year. I hope Danny (guy who lost his wife) will win. I love him haha

Allyson said...

I was waiting to see the fun pics!! Good for you guys! The trip looked SO much fun!! Jealous! I bet it was hard coming back to cold.:)

Allyson said...

Oh! and happy late birthday to you and Kari!! She's leaving SO soon! How sad/good/exciting...you know.:) bittersweet.:)

kino said...

what great pictures, i really love the one of you and curt. family is great, you have made a great one. love all you guys.

gina said...

I love the picture of doug and kari! It is so true to them. I love the one of you and dad too. at least in this one, dad doesn't look scary. There's one in there where he looks like he's going to eat someone. It was so much fun! love ya.

Kate said...

Looks like you made a lot of fun memories! I have always wanted to go there, maybe in a few more years.

The Rees Family said...

Karen--welcome back!! I love the pictures and that you all love to spend time together and make that time happen! See you soon.

Shane Zundel said...

Looks like everyone had a great time! I have been here for 2 weeks, I have 2 weeks left! I dont' return until the 13th of Mar. They are scheduled to have a shuttle launch on the 12th, so I hope I catch it!!!