Monday, April 27, 2009

Mom's vacation

I took my mom last week down to LaVerkin to see her twin sister and then to St. George to see her youngest sister. It was such a nice time, but it was cold! I expected to not have to wear a coat, it snowed the day we got there. The residents could not believe it! I think we took it with us from here, but don't tell anyone!!!
We just HAD to try "In and Out Burger" ( Thanks Kari, they loved it!) Kari has talked about going there forever, it is her favorite place. Aunt Myrt, Mom and I met Aunt Betty and her friend, Shirley there and enjoyed lunch together.

We then went to Shirley's and got to see all the neat Quilts and Afghans that she makes. She donated one to mom to have as a bingo prize at the complex where she lives. It's pretty and very colorful, whoever wins it will be very lucky.
Mom had a good visit and they got to go to Mesquite to do their partial day of gambling... Mom even talked me in to sitting down and putting a few quarters in... I really don't enjoy it, but I did it to make her happy and have time with her and her sisters. It took about 5 minutes to lose $15.00, so that was enough for me! I went in my car and read and I went through the book about my car, to learn what it could do, so it was a productive day. We ate there and had a great lunch.
We stayed until Saturday and stopped at Gina's on the way home. Mom wants to go see her every month so that she can get nacho's at Los Amigos! She loved it there. It would be worth going every month just to see Gina and her family, and make my mom happy all in the same day! We went home the same day, so that I could be home for church- our neighbors farewell, I didn't want to miss it!
We want to make it a regular occurrence, I don't get to spend time with them enough. Mom and Aunt Myrt are 80, Aunt Betty is a few years younger. I think it's cool that they can get together and have fun, especially since they are the only ones left of twelve kids. Besides, what better things do I have to do than spend time with my mom and aunts? They are wonderful!

6 comments:

the funny facers said...

That is really cool. I know grandma really enjoys all the time she can get with her family. I know I need to take the kids to see her, She wont recognize them cause they are growing so much. I am glad that she had fun!!

Grandma Duffy said...

Your mom still looks like your mom! Sounds like a fun time. Give your mom a hug from me.

Lish Fish said...

I LOVE In and Out. Yum. When Marcus and I go to Las Vegas to visit family, we have been known to eat there twice a day. Yeah...so not a good thing, but I love it. How fun for you guys. THat is so cute that you were able to do that!!

me said...

How fun. what a nice daughter you are.

Ariana said...

I just wanted to thank you again for the painting it is so beautiful, I love it!! you really are amazing!!

kino said...

Enjoy every minute you can with your Mom, its so hard when you can't , I know I will see mom again but I still really miss her. Its great to see pictures of your mom , I miss seeing her also, If you want a extra rider when you go again call, i'll go with you. love ya, maybe see you this weekend are you going up to the ranch?