Thursday, November 6, 2008

I finished!







I finished two new quilt tops, they are from some that I started in Quilt Guild. The flower blocks were done by my guild,(the circle shapes) we all did 20 blocks, exchanged them, cut them in fourths, sewed them back together with different colors and then decided how to put them together to make a quilt. I have had mine stored for a few years, not knowing what to do with them. This is what I came up with. The blue and black one is one we did last year as a block of the month. We chose our own colors on this one.I think they turned out pretty good. Now on to the next one!!!

8 comments:

Mrs. Mysti Hedquist said...

Wow Aunt Karen! They are both beautiful.

Grandma Duffy said...

Wow she paints and quilts, too!!!

Sondra said...

Wow I think that they turned out great. You do such a good you at qulits and painting.

Lish Fish said...

Ok I am completely impressed!! So in LOVE!! Any TIPS you have, please share, especially with quilting with just a sewing machine...it is so hard to squish all that material in that little space....HELP!!!

gina said...

I love the blue and black one. They are my favorite colors together. They look so good!!
I got your turkeys today. They are big. I will have one thawed and in a cooler and keep one frozen. Love ya!

Jen and AL said...

You are soooo amazing. I marvel at all that you get acomplished. They both turned out great. I can't wait to see your next masterpiece, painting or sewing.

me said...

that turned out way good. good job

kino said...

You are such a talented person, someday I want to come out and have you teach me something, all I can do is paint walls and I'm not very good at that. love ya