Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Odds and Ends


We have had a wonderful summer, doing so many fun things, the sad part is, is that it is coming to an end too fast! I wanted to get so much more done while I could, I just kept finding more fun things to do and took up my extra time! It has been a good one though, so I am going to share some of the most recent photos with you. Most will be of my trip to Southern Utah with my mom, Molly, Brooklyn and Bailey. It was hot; but wonderful. We stopped in Nephi to meet Gina and her family for lunch on the way down and then stopped at her house for lunch on the way back! My granddaughters were wonderful to take with me, they kept me laughing and on my toes. (They won the hearts of my aunts, which is neat to see!)







Curt and I also went to his 40th class reunion and I have a photo of that. It was a wonderful evening, great to see friends we haven't seen for a long time. They are going to have an annual picnic now along with the every five years thing. I have to say, I have been to so many more of his reunions than mine. It will be in two years and I want to go to it. I have only went to one, my five year and I thought it was so lame. I am older and somewhat changed now, so I think I will enjoy it this time
Oh, and the latest quilt that I finished, a "Turning Twenty" that I did for Josh and Brooke Dallins wedding....
I have also got some preserving done for the winter, I love this time of year, when I can look in my pantry and see all that I have accomplished. I like knowing that it is done and ready for the winter. Nothing like home canned fruit and vegys to make ameal!
All in all, life is good and we are enjoying it!

2 comments:

Grandma Duffy said...

Summer isn't over yet. We have 3 weeks to cram as much into as we can! You have done alot! My canning will come probably in Sept. with the tomatoes. I have done frozen Rasp. jam.
I will really consider our class reunion in 2 years. I know I upset Carla by not going last time.

Lish Fish said...

That quilt is beautiful! How talented you are!

I see you went to In and Out...one of my favorites. Yum.