Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Pokie...


To some he was just a dumb dog, but to me, he was a great companion and friend. He was always happy to see me, no matter what I looked liked, acted like or what kind of mood I was in. I know he knew my car, he would see me drive by and watch until I was gone. He would greet me when I got home, standing patiently by the car door until I opened it and gave him pats and talked to him. He would jump and wiggle his body in the funniest way. He was a good dog and I will miss him. He was walking my grandkids home last night and as they got across the street, he followed them right under the wheels of a truck. I feel bad for Scott and Nikki to have to go through that. I know I should have been better at tying him up... he just loved to go with the grandkids and make sure they were safe, then sleep on their couch outside their door. He loved, loved, loved to play catch. I asked Curt to bury him with a ball. He will be buried at the ranch, he loved to go there.. He was Alpha Dog and ruled the other dogs that would visit! I think I have cried myself out now and can face the day without him. By habit I got up and looked out the window to see if he got home safe, I wonder how long it will take me to get used to him not being here? I have never been this sad at a pets death before, It's just that he was mine and I loved him and he loved me back.

5 comments:

gina said...

I can't really see what I'm typing through my tears. I'm so sorry mom. I know how important he is to our family. When did it happen? Are you o.k.? Let me know if there is anything I can do. Love you Pokie!!

Lish Fish said...

He is so sweet! Hang in there!

brenda said...

So Sorry!!

Grandma Duffy said...

they are so sweet and loving and trusting. We can ignore them and they will still be there for us. I am sad for you!!!

Ariana said...

We are all going to miss him!! he really was a great dog. It wont be the same without him!! Hang in there, things will be okay.