Saturday, May 17, 2008

Celebrating 80 years!

Mom, Kari, Aunt Myrt Kari, Mom, Mysti


Today we celebrated my moms 80th birthday with her twin, my Aunt Myrt. It was at the clubhouse where she lives. Myndi and Mysti (My neices) Cyndi (Their mom) Doris (Aunt Myrts daughter-in-law) and I made the food and decorated for it. ( Not all of it, my family all brought desserts for it too!)
It was so cool to see and talk to my cousins again. I actually knew some of them this time!!! I had to be told a few of them, because I hadn't seen them for so many years. We were looking at photos from the past and the cousins sure look like the generation before them, with a few minor changes!
I think that they were very happy with the way it turned out. So many family and friends showed up to greet them and share the day. It was so good to see everyone having a fun time and see my mom and my aunt so animated! They wore matching shirts and both of them had their hair done so they looked so cute. We had a good time with them.
We had tons of food left over, I sent a lot of it home with people and still brought some of the desserts home. I now have dessert for Memorial Day and Shauntaes Birthday camp-out.
My cousin Wally and I decided to have a reunion next year before we lose any more of our generation. We would really like to get to know them again.
Looking at the photos that I put together really made me see the changes that we have gone through. I don't want to miss anymore of my time here, it goes WAY TOO FAST. Next thing you know I will be the one having the 80th and I will wonder where the time went.(I just want to get there knowing that I spent the time with family and knew them.) Anyway, it was a fun day and I'm glad that we did it. It was good.
Alan's family-Kari- M&M Hannah (cousin) Kim,Braden,Ashley with mom

6 comments:

Grandma Duffy said...

Looks like you had a great day. Nice to see the pictures of your mom. I would recognize her if I saw her. You really worked hard to make it a nice day for them both. You are a good daughter.

kino said...

How cute your mom and her sister are I clicked on the picture so I could see them better and they sure do look alike still. I bet you had a great day. I bought a trailer so now when you invite us up to your ranch we can bring it if its ok. its in preston right now, I got on ksl . com. anyway i'm excited I hate tenting it. I know between stacie and I we will use it alot. love ya

Kandyce said...

Looks and sounds like you all had a great time.

Kari Lyn said...

Mom you did a great job on Grams and Aunt Merts birthday!

me said...

that sounds so fun i love your blog.

kino said...

wow what a beautiful place, im sorry I didn't read my blog before I came up, Im sorry I didn't help with the food next time I will Thank you so much for the great time it will always be in my heart.It is so peaceful and wonderful it makes you want to be there forever and forget this crazy world. anyway I hope I can come back this next weekend. I love you guys lots. thanks again.