Tuesday, June 17, 2008

He's Here!



We got the horse last Friday! His name is Silverado, and he seems to be just what we need. Kari and I went to Ogden to meet Travis at their sale. Brooklyn got to ride a different horse there and she thought she "was all that"! She rode it by herself... with Kari leading it, but she was by herself in the saddle. We were supposed to meet Kari's friend in Trenton to put him in the pasture. It was about 11:00 p.m. by then and we couldn't find the pasture or her friend. No calls back, you know the drill. I ended up just saying that we were going to the ranch, so we did. It was after midnight when we got there. Kino, Brian, Grandpa, Bette, Rog, Jim, Shauntae and Wyatt were staying overnight. We woke up some of them when we rattled through camp. Silverado was excited to be out of the trailer. (Which we had to borrow from Hootie Roche and the truck from Alan). The next day we stopped on the way to the ranch to get a bridle and the rest of the straps for the saddle and headed up there. What a horse! Kari rode it to the top of the ranch and back, not even saddle sore! Then the kids had turns, even Shauntae and Allyson took turns. I'm sure they will have longer rides when there are less youngsters there to have their turns! The horse was sooo gentle and quiet. I think this was a good move. I will want to keep it there, but Kari wants it in the Logan area so she can ride it more often. Until we get our own trailer it will stay there. It was fun seeing how excited and happy it made Kari! It was all worth it. Silverado is now a part of the family.

4 comments:

Grandma Duffy said...

You get to have alot of your family all together camping...Lucky. Rick and I are having a tough time getting ours out this year. It will be fun having the 4 girls this week with us for a night though.

kino said...

I love the pictue of ryder on the horse, I copied it. thanks, and put it on my wall,The horse is so cool, I want to ride him someday, f we can get him away from kids. anyway maybe i'll go for a ride up there this weekend with dad.

gina said...

Thanks for letting us come up this weekend. Sorry for not contributing any food or gas. Thanks for letting me ride kari's horse and thanks again for tending my kids. There is another treat at home for you. Let's see how long it takes you to notice??!! Love you.

Kari Lyn said...

why does everyone thank you for letting them ride him? I dont know but thanks agian for all that you do mom! I sure do love ya!