Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Road Trip to Lander

Kari and I traveled to Lander, Wyoming to meet with her friend Travis and his dad to look at some horses. It really wasn't too bad of a drive. We had so much fun just talking and singing and laughing, the time went fast. We stayed at a bed and breakfast that was beautiful. An older home that had been remodeled into the Inn.

We met Travis and went to his dads ranch to look at a group of horses that he thought would be good for Kari. She picked several to ride. We got to go to Travis's favorite cafe for dinner. The town was pretty cool. Kari fell in love with it the minute we drove in! There are so many older stores and businesses to see. I wanted to go to the art center but we didn't have time.

The next day we met his dad at the fairgrounds and she got to ride the ones she had picked. It was funny because the horse she eventually chose was one that neither of us thought we would like! It was skinny and a grey and didn't look like much, but when she rode it, it had the smoothest gait and responded to her more than the others. Some of them could tell right off that they could get away with more than they usually could, and you could see them trying to buffalo her. The one we really liked really started to act up, so Mr. McNiven got her off of it pretty fast so she wouldn't get hurt. It was a pretty Dun and we liked it alot, it just didn't fit her personality and ability!
Mr. McNiven and Travis put so much time into getting the horses ready and letting her ride. It was nice of them to do that for her. They are bringing the horse down for her next week. They are having a sale in Ogden that weekend. Their horses are trained for mountain tours, movies, hunting etc. Some, like the grey, could be used for barrells and poles, if she decides to do that some time.

It was a fun couple of days, I hope that she will have the time to take care of the horse now... If not I know two granddaughters that will be glad to take care of him for her!!!!
Oh, yea, I actually got on a horse and WALKED around the arena!

9 comments:

kino said...

There is also a aunt that will help her with her horse, I love it, it is probably the best one there. It was a fun weekend with you all again, I hope you don't get tired of me. You are a great family , I had alot of fun with just me and dad, He loves it so much up there He just wishs he could have been younger and with mom, It was really neet watching the cows being herded up the mountain, and it was good to talk to lyle and lapriel. there good people. I told them I could live there and be watcher of the gate. if I get to carried away just let me know, its just a wonderful place to be. you can really relax and not worry about anything. love ya

gina said...

The horses look better in this picture than the one on my phone. It's going to be fun to try to get Kari to let me ride it!!

brenda said...

Glad you had a fun mother-daughter outing. The ranch looks beautiful. sounds like you guys will have some fun memories.

Lish Fish said...

How fun that you got to go road tripping with your daughter! That is awesome.

Macie's Momma said...

Thanks for the comment. Ya its been awhile since I have blogged. The ranch is sooo great, you guys are such a giving family to let us come and stay. My mom suprizes the heck out of me. I went to her house the other day and she didnt have her air on she said she was conserving her resources so she could have gas money to go up to the ranch. Its so funny, I love that she has somewhere to relax. This is just the healing our family needed after grams death. Thanks so much for your giving heart! I love ya lots and lots more!! cant wait to see you on fathers day! Stace

Rick said...

Nice family photo on your header. Wow! You're too young to have such a large family. You must have been a child bride.

http://organizeddoodles.blogspot.com/

Kari Lyn said...

Mom, I am so proud of you that you got on a horse! I am glad we got to go, it has to be one of my favortie trips, thanks for putting up with my wacky side while we where there. I cant wait to get Silverodo! Thanks so much! Loves.. oh gina good luck getting me off of him so you can ride... lol!

Grandma Duffy said...

Was this your first time on a horse? The only time I ever rode one was with Bruce Nelson.
Sourdough is above Huntsville. We only own a small piece...but we love going up there. Lots of animals and places to ride 4 wheelers. Fishing....lots to do.
I haven't finished cleaning yet. Avon got in the way but I should be able to dust soon. It used to be that I would clean once a week like clockwork. Never happens anymore. I was better organized when I had a paying job.

kino said...

When are you guys going up this weekend? we'll maybe come up friday we need to get bettes trailor up there. is anyone going up before then that can take it up or are they still in ceder city?