Monday, July 7, 2008

Latest Paintings


These are my latest art projects. The pig is watercolor and the mountains are oil. They were so fun to try. My instructor in oils showed me a whole new way to make the colors pop and it was quite a stretch for me to try. I really loved how it turned out. So, I am going to try it again on a different painting. I couldn't get very good photos for some reason this time. I hope they are good enough to see on the blog. The pig was from a photograph, but I thought it was cute, so I tried it. I like farm things and they always seem to get my attention. The mountains are from the ranch, looking west toward Malad. Hope you like them!

4 comments:

Kandyce said...

AWESOME job, Karen. keep it up you do a great job.

gina said...

Hey mom, I love the pig! It's so cute! The view from Malad is awesome also. It makes me miss it.

Grandma Duffy said...

I can't paint with a roller and pan and look what you can do! I just admire so much that you keep on learning all the time! How is the weight loss? We go to WW again and my only exercise is line dancing on Tues nights.

kino said...

You have got the picture from malad looking just right, you are so talented, I wish I could paint I can't even stick draw. oh well the pig is great also. so cute.