Monday, July 28, 2008

Life Changes

Sometimes life seems to be going in the right direction and you feel like you can do it all and nothing can stop you. In a blink of an eye, you turn around and it all crashes down on you. I think we have these moments to humble us and teach us that there is more to life than what meets the eye. I, for one, am thankful for the moments that catch me by surprise and make me really think about who I am and what I am doing on earth.
I have recently had to take a good look at myself and what it is that I need to change to make life easier for those around me. It was not an easy time and I hope that I never have to go through one again. I was seriously thinking about leaving everything I love so that it would be easier on my family. It was one of those times that needed to be clarified in my life. It took two days of being away, with much prayer and soul searching. I just didn't know what it was that I was doing that was causing so much anger and distance from my family. I decided to go to church with my daughter and then spend the night and attend the temple the next day. In the middle of a Relief Society lesson I got the message to "GO HOME!" As soon as church was out I packed my things and drove home. I was able to get the answer I needed because the Lord cares enough about me to lead me down the right path.
Sometimes things get said that shouldn't be said and it is hard to know how to take them. It was the right thing for me to come home and find out just what I needed to do. In all my years of married life, nothing quite this serious has happened. It needed to be out in the open and changed for the betterment of all of us. A misunderstanding and harsh words can cause so many feelings that just need to be understood and then worked out and forgotten. I never have believed that you can tell what another person is thinking, but their actions can lead you to think and feel that they don't care and really don't like you. I have learned (finally) that the most important thing is to ask straight out what the problem is and then work on it. A lot of misunderstandings will be stopped short that way. No more taking it in internally and trying to forget the mean things. I was surprised at the outcome of the problems. I think that life is going to be so much better because of the trials we have just gone through. I am home. I love my husband and my family, even though some of them see me in a negative way, and probably always will, because they can't know what is going on in my life personally. We as humans tend to see what we want to see. Someday, I hope they change their minds and see that I am not that bad after all. Until then, I will love them unconditionally and continue to be happy that I have them, as I always have been. Life is good! I know if my husband and family love me, I can do anything! I will not let Satan and his lies stand in my way. We will have a Christ centered home and we will strive to live the Gospel and all it's teachings. We will be together in the eternities and we wil be HAPPY!

6 comments:

AshnBraysMom said...

I'm sorry you are going through a rough patch right now. I'm here if you need to talk. Love you!

Kim

Grandma Duffy said...

I don't know why we have to have these difficult times. Actually I do but I hate to see people I love and care about struggle. We grow from adversity but I get tired of growing sometimes, too. I love you!

Macie's Momma said...

communication is a funny thing, as hard as it is to do saying things out right or asking what the problem is instead of reading into it nips things in the butt. you are very much loved from uncle curt, I know he couldnt function without you... most of us couldnt, who would have taught me how to make rolls or can, or iron.. you are the best, i only hope that you choose to see that, to accept and love you for you...I will pray for you just as you have prayed for me during all of my rough patches in life.. xoxo

kino said...

I just want to tell you how much I love and appreciate you, you are a wonderful sister, you have such a big heart, life changes are just that we need to face our sorrows and make them better, satan is so in our hearts and minds, and we need to keep him out, The lord loves us and wants us back to him. I have had alot of turmoil in my life some I have caused and some I haven't but we do need to rely on the LORD, he loves us as much as our families do, and wants us to be happy and return back to him. You are the best and your children and husband know that, we just need to be reminded alot so we have a better feeling of ourself. love ya lots, kino

Wild Rasmussen said...

your a great person you just have to keep going on some times it is so hard but I know your a great person and ?i'm so glad that your are my friend I fell like if there was anything that I was need you would be there. your great and I love ya! We are doing great I'm looking foward for the kids to start school I will have 3 of them going but we are doing great thank you for taking the time to comment

Allyson said...

Aunt Karen! The world (and our family) is a better place because of you! Please know this! No one can take your place. You're in my thoughts and prayers! Love you!

Ally