Friday, December 26, 2008

My new missionary



Christmas Eve day will always be extra special at our house! Kari got her mission call in the mail, so we had an exciting day! She waited until later that night at grandpas house to open it. She wanted as many of our family to be with her as possible. It is an exciting and scary time for us all. She will be serving in the Texas -Dallas, Spanish speaking mission! She loves Texas, so this is going to be great. She will be in a huge city, so that will be different for her. She is so excited and happy. A new step in our lives and a wonderful experience for her! What a wonderful gift for us all!

4 comments:

Lish Fish said...

Wow! I have chills. That is awesome! I am so excited for you all!!

kino said...

I'm sorry I could'nt be there but I am so excited for her, I know she has been wanting this, I know she will be great at being a missionary. cute pictures of all of you

Grandma Duffy said...

That is really exciting. My family is in Arlington just outside Dallas but then again they don't speak spanish...lol.

Ashley said...

Congratulations Kari! Gina was in tears with all the excitement and teasing of where she was going to go. I think she told us three different locations before we settled in on Texas. Very Exciting news.