Saturday, December 6, 2008

Thanksgiving

I am finally going to put something in here about Thanksgiving, since it is almost Christmas! I have not had time to do any blogging, just reading them when I have time! We had 28 for dinner and I had a lot of help getting the dinner ready and with the clean-up, which is great for me, not so good on those who did all the dishes!!! We had our family, Chester and the Knights here for dinner. It was so cool having them all here! Everyone did part of the food, so there wasn't as much stress! It sure is a lot of work for 3o minutes of eating! We did two turkeys and had a little left over, which was great. We got to visit and watch the kids get to know each other. We had a few little arguments, but all in all they were wonderful.

The day after Thanksgiving, we did a little shopping on the way to the Canyons. When we got to the Canyons, there was no snow and they had us in the wrong room. We finally got that settled and Brian was able to get tickets to ski at Park City. Kari got to board for a day and was glad to be able to! It was relaxing and fun to visit. I swear Kino and Brian had 5o friends there! Jason won at Poker, so he had fun, too!
Next year all the family goes to the in-laws. It will be small and quiet. I always look forward to "my" year with the whole family! Kari will be on her mission so it will probably be Curt, me, Cresta and her kids and maybe Doug! We'll have to just be louder and pretend everyone is here! I hope you all had a great one... now on to Christmas, are you ready????
(I can't get the photos to download, sorry... I'll keep trying!)

6 comments:

AshnBraysMom said...

Happy Belated Thanksgiving!

Love you!

Kim, Ashley, and Brayden

Ariana said...

Sounds like Thanksgiving was a good one for you and your family!! Its always great to get to spend time with family.

Love ya!

Ariana said...

Sounds like Thanksgiving was a good one for you and your family!! Its always great to get to spend time with family.

Love ya!

gina said...

I thought it all was great. Thanks for letting us visit and invade. Love you!

Grandma Duffy said...

Sounds like you had a great holiday. Bummer when it is all or nothing...(all the kids or none at all). Some times I wish my aunt and uncle could come the year oppisite of when they do so there would be a quieter Thanksgiving for them. I miss everyone when they aren't here. What do I want???? Everyone here - every year!

The Rees Family said...

Hi Karen--I think I've figured out how to leave a comment. What a great Thanksgiving you guys sound like you had! I seriously don't know people any more generous than you and your husband--thanks for the great examples. Have a great holiday season, see you down the street! (I love your picture of McKay)
Sue