Monday, October 27, 2008

Creative minds....


Can you find Dalan? He's in there!!!

We had some of the grandkids for the weekend. Molly and Tara went to the ranch with grandpa. Brooklyn and Dalan got to come stay with me. Saturday was so fun... they raked the leaves in the front yard and got a huge pile to play in. They had some kids that were passing by come and jump in with them It was fun to watch them be so creative with the way they would pile the leaves on and how they would shovel them out. They made a huge nest and were the best birds I've ever seen!

But... I think the most creative use was on Sunday after dinner.. The picture will tell the story!

I wish I had gotten a picture of Tara and Bailey with the leaves in their hair! They looked like they could be trees themselves! Of course, Quinton didn't get as many stuck in his, but he sure had fun playing hide and seek in the leaves with the boys.
Sunday, after church, we got home and Dalan and Brooklyn had their clothes all over the living room floor. ( I guess they thought it was their dressing room, or something). I was fixing the last of dinner and setting the table, so, I asked them to get the clothes off the floor before I finished with dinner. I was about done when I asked if they were almost done. Dalan told me that he was. We ate dinner and he kept telling us that he cleaned everything up by himself. We, of course, made a big deal out of him doing such a great job. He was sooooo proud of getting done before I did and doing it himself! I started to clean up the dinner mess and Curtis called me into the living room. Dalan had really made sure that there were no clothes on the floor! Once again, the pictures will tell the rest of the story! I think I have the most creative men in the family. At least they keep me laughing, and isn't that what life is about.. having fun and enjoying each other? It was a great weekend!
I don't know how he balanced his shoes on the door of my cabinet, but he did it and he did it "All by himself". Now, that is creative!
PARTING SHOT... Molly in her Sunday clothes. Just thought it was a cute picture of her!

5 comments:

Grandma Duffy said...

Cute little kids. What would we do without them? They keep us all entertained. I dance at the senior center on Tuesday evenings. Wanna come?

Shane Zundel said...

LOL I love Dallan! He is sooo creative. I love the little things he does when I am around him. He has a solution for every situation. Looks like you all are doing well!
I am still laughing about the cleanup. That is great!

Olsen's said...

That is hillarious!

Kate said...

That was soooo funny. I am surprised my son hasn't tried that in his room. He is always finding new ways to not clean up! I think it usually takes him longer than if he had actually put it away! Thanks for a good laugh!

I tagged you on my blog. Check it out to get your instructions.

kino said...

THAT IS THE CUTEST THING EVER, THEY ARE SO CREATIVE JUST LIKE THEIR GMA, ANYWAY FUN TO SEE, ALSO I HAD A GREAT TIME ON HALLOWEEN, IT WAS FUN TO SEE ALL THE KIDS,,