Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Another Week

Another week has flown by. We have been busy, like the rest of mankind this time of year. I have been trying to get some fall cleaning done, it's going pretty slow, but at least I'm getting some done before the winter sets in. I actually love this time of year. I seem to be able to get a lot more done for some reason. The cool weather and pretty fall colors are wonderful. Very relaxing. I have been sewing a quilt top. I just finished it last week and it turned out pretty good. It's nice to have done. Now I can move on to some of the other ones I have started.

I am working on a new oil painting for Gina. She took a picture of a foggy day in the canyon by her house. I am attempting to get the look down with my painting. I tried to take some pictures of it but they just don't show the right look. I am going to post one of them, but it isn't a good photo. I am still working on it, so it will change some before it is done
We had a great time at the ranch this past weekend. We had aome friends come up and see it and I think they enjoyed it. There were some fall leaves left, but they are going fast. I won't get to go up there for three weeks and I am already having a hard time knowing that I won't get to be there. I can see how you can get tied to a place. This one has a hold of me and I know I will never want to let go of it!

3 comments:

gina said...

I love your painting!!! It looks so cool!!! It looks like you had fun at the ranch!! We might come for U.E.A. weekend and stay there and scrapbook away. I guess I'll have to see if I can find something to sleep in. Maybe we can bring our tent. Let me kinow if it will be too cold. Love you. Gina

Grandma Duffy said...

I love the change of the seasons, too, but am not ready to give up on the idea of camping either. Wish I would get your cleaning bug.

kino said...

cute picture, that was such a fun day, We love being there.