Saturday, February 23, 2008

Birthday Blues

Well, I'm officially in my senior years, but what fun I am going to have from now on!
It really isn't fun to be home sick during your day, even though they haven't mattered for years. I had to get a rain-check on going out to lunch with Wyatt, Jim, and Shauntae. They did come and visit, though, so I'm glad for that.
I often wonder why things happen the way they do. I was so proud of not catching anything this winter. I guess pride really is a downfall. So, I'm either freezing or so hot I can't breathe. Curt said he hopes that I don't mind if he ignores me today. I really should have said yes, that I do mind being ignored, but I didn't. I know he wants to be healthy to take take of his mom and dad. I am just feeling sorry for myself, home alone and feeling so crappy. Thank goodness for Gina and her phone call that got my mind on other things. (Some I wish we didn't need in our lives, others wonderful!)
At least it is a little sunny outside and I can look out and see the rays. I'm loving having the fireplace changed over to a gas log, I can turn it off and on all I want. It fits the mood my body is in at the time.
I was so happy when my grandkids called and sang happy birthday to me. It's a very neat feeling to know that they care and are willing to do that to make my day happy. Brooky, Molly and Dalan really get in to the singing thing! It's fun to hear the smiles in their voices when they talk to me. Dalan is quite upset that we let Brooklyn stay with us two nights and he didn't get to come. School gets in the way some times when you are 6 and want to go to grandpas! He is his grandpas helper. I think he would rather be with him than almost anyone else.(except his mom and dad of course!)
This is helping me get over the sentimental part of the day, whoever started the blog thing really hit on to something!

2 comments:

kino said...

KINO SAYS, HAPPY BIRTHDAY, I'M GLAD I FOUND YOUR SITE, I LOVE IT, I POSTED MORE PICTURES ON MINE, I NEED TO LEARN TO DO MORE, IT IS A FUN SITE. LOVE YA THANKS FOR ALL YOU DO FOR MOM AND DAD, YOUR A GREAT SISTER

Wild Rasmussen said...

Happy b-day!! That sucks that you are sick! I love this whole blog thing so we can stay in touch