Monday, February 25, 2008

Sunday Changes

It turned out pretty good on Sunday. I still didn't feel great, I laid around and coughed most of the day, but it seemed to help me feel better. Kari surprised me by coming home early from Provo and spent the day. Cresta and her kids showed up and went to church with Curt and Kari then came home and fixed me the best dinner! I have not felt like eating the last few days, but her lazagna was excellant! I am so glad that she came to visit. She got to go see grandma and grandpa then went to see Stacie and visit with her and Ally. That always makes her day. Those cousins just round out her life! Extended family adds just the right touch, doesn't it? It would be sad if you weren't able to have family ties. How would it be to be the only member of your family in the place that you live? I know that a lot of people live that way, but I think it would be a horrible. I haven't had contact with a lot of my cousins for years, I don't even know where some of them are. I'm glad that my family has the chance to see and get to know their cousins!
I have to add a kind of funny story... Cresta and her kids gave me a bottle of blackberry honey for my birthday. I was excited, because we had just had raspberry honey last week at "Me and Lou's" in Malad, Idaho. I brought it in this morning to have on my english muffin. I am so glad that I read it more... it was hand soap!!!! I never would have known until I bit into it. That would have been horrible! The hand soap part was written in tiny letters under the big label that said Blackberry Honey! That should teach me to really read the labels before I eat ANYTHING! I bet I would have sworn off honey forever! (Sometimes I really wonder about myself!)

1 comment:

Macie's Momma said...

that is so funny, it would have cleaned your mouth!! and probably your intestinal tract! love you aunt Karen i knew you were a blond deep down!