Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Birthdays and phones???


I went to Kari's yesterday and helped celebrate her birthday. She doesn't want to grow up! I told her that she was the best old young person that I knew! We had quite a day... we were going to get her a phone for the big day, since her old one fizzled. We spent time looking and picking out some, then found out that she couldn't trade up. We went back to her apartment and got an old phone that a friend had given her and the nice guy transfered her information on to it. It only took THREE HOURS to transfer her photo's and contacts. I swear she had a million pictures and tons more contacts. She made a new friend there...after talking to him for the whole time!
I swear that we are lost without our phones. I couldn't believe how many texts she had waiting when she finally got it running. What did we ever do without these handy little devices? (We visited face to face or on the home phone when we got home!)
Anyway, we had a great day and a wonderful lunch at Hamilton's. My first time there. Their Creme Brulee is to die for. (Even though I will have to do hours worth of exercise to work it off!)
I guess being the youngest and getting to be twenty is a big step. I am getting older, though not quietly. It's good to see my family growing and enjoying life.

3 comments:

Allyson said...

Yippee! Another blogging friend! I never put any personal info on my blog...that's why I posted those things. In my "all about me" section, I live in Hong Kong. My thoughts were just racing on how irrelevant yet necessary money is:) Oh well. Anyway, I love the blog! I think it looks awesome! Thanks for creating one!

Allyson said...

Oh...Happy Birthday Kar!!

Sondra said...

I can't belive how Hight tech the phone are this days, and I am sure it will just get worse as time goes on. I am not sure totally how to add music annmarie came and helped me. you need to start my opening playlist account it is free and then pick your song, my would not work and I set up two accounts and I ended up using annmaries account. sorry I am not to much help.