Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Painting Day

I got to go to Molly's today and help her Primary class do a watercolor painting. I was very impressed by what they can do. Cresta is going to send me the photos, then I'll post them. I decided to put in one of my more recent watercolors for now. Curt thinks it looks like E.T. on a stool. I have asked adults and kids what it is. I have had a few adults who can see what it is, and most of the kids see it right away! I thought it was pretty funny when I saw the photo and I just wanted to try to capture it!
I had a lot of fun watching the girls figure out what to do with the colors and paintbrushes. Some were really quick to pick up on it, and some didn't want to listen and did their own thing! (Aren't we all like that?) I'm glad that they invited me down, anyway. It gave me a chance to paint a little while I was there! Now.. to find the time to finish it!

8 comments:

gina said...

I love this painting. It looks like you're going to get this mondo unconditional love kiss. I love it.

Sondra said...

I love the painting you are so good at that I think that you should teach my marisa how to do that she is always wanting to draw or color, and paint something. I don't know what address you have but it is
sondra-thenelson.bolgspot.com

brenda said...

Karen, of course I don't mind. I havn't seen you or any of your family for years it seems like. It was nice to see wha you guys have been up to. Hopefully we can keep in touch.

Wild Rasmussen said...

I don't know what a url is I'm not good at this blog thing

Wild Rasmussen said...

www.rasmussenbunch.blogspot.com
cindy

Allyson said...

I love reading about this side of you. Uncle Curt, the painting does NOT look like ET on a stool. Thank you for giving us some of your art work! WE LOVE IT!

gina said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU, HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU, HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO MOM, HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!!!! Love you.

Allyson said...

Happy birthday Aunt Karen! I hope you have the best day of the YEAR!